Tuesday, April 12, 2005

An Update

I know it's been a while since I've really done any blogging. I've been sick with a cold for a week, and before that, well, I just wasn't much up for being on the computer. Anyway, I figured I'd at least let you all know what's been going on.

Regarding the mice: We've had an exterminator in, and he laid a bunch of poison out in the walls and crawlspaces. Since then, we haven't seen any (or many) mice, and the exterminator said (just yesterday) that he didn't even see any sign of activity in the crawlspaces off my room. So yay!!

Regarding my legal issues (that I wrote about here): The NH prosecutor finally got back to me after I sent the letter to him. He was actually quite nice and cool about the whole thing (with the exception of making me go all the way out there, he wouldn't budge on that). So, we've set up a date (April 18) for me to turn myself into the police. I'll be going to court that afternoon. The prosecutor is going to ask for a much smaller fine than I was expecting (only $200 instead of the minimum $500 I was expecting).

I will be flying into Manchester on Sunday, taking a cab to Salem (since, as it turns out, there are no busses or trains that go anywhere near Salem -- and the private transportation services are, according to one place I checked out -- more expensive than a cab). I'll be flying back to Portland on Tuesday, a free woman at last.

4 comments:

ms. jared said...

i'm so glad to hear it's not going to be as awful as you expected. best of luck and here's to your upcoming freedom!

xoxo, jared

Raznor said...

Glad everything seems to be working out.

Just be wary of the supermice.

Teresa said...

Wow, I still can't believe they are making you go turn yourself in, but it's definitely not as bad as it could have been, I guess.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Bean: I'm sure glad that it turned out to be not as horrible as you were fearing.

But I still can't believe they bothered to do *anything* about it all. The whole thing is so damn petty! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I'm angry for you, but relieved that you're okay.

Crys T